Another GreenTech Amsterdam is in the books! This year’s exhibition proved once again that Amsterdam is a place to be for professionals interested in global horticulture and greenhouse technology. GreenTech attendance was up 7% compared to 2022, with 11,500 visitors and 540 exhibitors at the event held June 13-June 15, 2023 at RAI Amsterdam.
GreenTech reports that event visitors represented 128 countries — seven more than last year. Germany, China, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Korea and the Netherlands topped the list of countries with the most attendees. Full attendance was the norm at GreenTech’s 100+ knowledge sessions, presenting 220 speakers in three venues. The 2023 Concept and Innovation Awards honored Skytree and Biobest in collaboration with PATS, respectively.
GreenTech Global, Director Horticulture Mariska Dreschler measured the event’s success by more than numbers: “GreenTech is created as the home base for the worldwide horticulture community. Visionary minds and groundbreaking technologies that will shape the future of sustainable food production came together. Yes, we have grown in terms of visitors (11,500) and exhibitors (540). But even more important, also in quality, due to the visitor pricing strategy we adjusted to set a threshold. Growers, investors and policymakers were eager to discover, absorb knowledge and connect with each other. Let’s continue to build upon this success and drive the horticulture industry even more forward!.”
Reactions from GreenTech event visitors
- Simon Schumacher (CEO, VSSE): “The location is great and the event is really international, I have met many clients here.”
- Sjoerd Peerlkamp (Director Industrial Market Group, Secura): “GreenTech demonstrated that Data and Cyber Security are integral to Innovation in Horticulture.”
- Rob van Leeuwen (Managing Partner/ Founder, Yeald): “Meet your partner of the future at GreenTech.”
- Christopher Leavitt (Co-founder/ CSO, Node Labs Inc): “I am absolutely loving all the innovations and new technologies. Groups like we have here are really contributing to bringing new ideas together.”
- Ron de Lange (Managing Director, Eventhia Seeds & Plants): “I come to GreenTech for cultivation technologies, artificial intelligence and of course for networking purposes.”
Comments from GreenTech exhibitors
- Pascal Piepers (CEO, Ridder): “Excited to reconnect with so many familiar faces again and to welcome new friends at GreenTech, the perfect event for us. It’s a fantastic opportunity to collaborate with partners, learn from colleagues, and celebrate our shared commitment to innovation.”
- Lorrie Schultz (Senior Vice President Marketing, Fluence): “GreenTech creates quality connections for our company.”
- Patrick van Vugt (Marketing Communication Manager, Royal Brinkman): “The international character is back to normal at GreenTech after Corona. This is a platform to experience the latest innovations and developments.”
- Debora Capilitan (Marketing & Communication Manager, Debets Schalke): “GreenTech is the show where knowledge and technology are combined together”.
GreenTech Amsterdam 2024 will take place Tuesday, June 11 through Thursday, June 13, 2024 at RAI Amsterdam. Sixty percent of the stand space is already booked for the 2024 event. The exhibition, focused on early stages of the horticultural chain and the current cultivation issues, is a global meeting place for all horticultural technology professionals. GreenTech is supported by AVAG, the industry association for the greenhouse technology sector in the Netherlands.
Image courtesy GreenTech